Document Type : Original Manuscript
1 Department of Mathematics, Lebanese International University, Bekaa, Lebanon.
2 Department of Mathematics, Yazd University, Yazd, Iran.
The aim of this paper is to extend the notion of geometric groups to geometric hypergroups and to investigate the interaction between algebraic and geometric properties of hypergroups. In this regard, we first define a metric structure on hypergroups via word metric and present some examples on it by using generalized Cayley graphs over hypergroups. Then we study a large scale of geometry with respect to the structure of hypergroups and we prove that metric spaces of finitely generated hypergroups coming from different generating sets are quasi-isometric.
their graph product, Submitted.
2. F. Arabpur, M. Jafarpour, M. Aminizadeh, and S. Hosková-Mayerová, On geometric
polygroups, An. St. Univ. Ovidius Constanta, 28(1) (2020), 17–33.
3. J. A. Bondy and U. S. R. Murthy, Graph Theory with Applications, Macmillan
Press Ltd, 1976.
4. A. Cayley, On the theory of groups, Proc. London Math. Soc., 9 (1878), 126–233.
5. P. Corsini, Prolegomena of Hypergroup Theory, Udine, Tricesimo, Italy, Second
edition, Aviani editore, 1993.
in Mathematics, Kluwer Academic Publisher, 2003.
7. B. Davvaz, Polygroup Theory and Related Systems, World Scientific Publishing
Co. Pte. Ltd., Hackensack, NJ, 2013.
8. B. Davvaz and V. Leoreanu-Fotea, Hyperring Theory and Applications, International
Academic Press, USA, 2007.
9. D. Heidari, M. Amooshahi and B. Davvaz, Generalized Cayley graphs over polygroups,
Comm. Algebra, 47(5) (2019), 2209–2219.
10. D. Heidari and B. Davvaz, Graph product of generalized Cayley graphs over
polygroups, Alg. Struc. Appl., 6(1) (2019), 47–54.
11. C. Loh, Geometric Group Theory: An Introduction, Springer International
Publishing AG, 2018.
12. F. Marty, Sur une generalization de la notion de groupe, 8th Congress Math.
Scandinaves, Stockholm (1934), 45–49.
13. T. Vougiouklis, Hyperstructures and Their Representations, Hadronic Press,
Inc., USA, 1994.